Cover Art Contest for Front Range Artists: $500 Prize
Call For Entries at a Glance
When: Friday, Mar. 11th, 2011
Time: This is an All Day Event
WIN: $500, glory and immortality!
DEADLINE: Friday, March 11, 2011
Early this year we started working on the next edition of the fabulous annual Chinook Book -- the source for finding the best of what's green and local in Denver/Boulder, and had an idea: why not have a contest to see who can come up with the best art for the cover?! We’d love to find a local artist from the Front Range. That could be you!
The rules are simple:
1. Create some art (or maybe you’ve already created it).
2. Email an electronic image of it to denvercover [at] chinookbook.net (hi-res preferred; max file size 6MB). Include your name and phone number in the email.
3. We’ll review the entries received by Midnight Mountain Time on Friday, March 11th. The winner will receive $500 and an artist credit in print, plus your work will be immortalized on the cover of the 2012 Chinook Book and/or Chinook Book Mobile phone app.
A few additional thoughts to guide you:
* Words we use to describe Chinook Book include: community-oriented, fun, positive, smart, natural.
* The 2012 edition of Chinook Book comes out in August and is retailed for up to 10 months, so the design should have a long shelf-life. Simple is probably better.
* Chinook Book is also sold by dozens of schools as a fundraiser.
* The cover will ultimately incorporate the name “Chinook Book” and limited additional text.
* The cover should make you want to open the book.